So recently we’ve had a big surge in followers, so we thought we’d take the opportunity to say hi, and show you around! As I’m sure you’ve picked up by now, we’re a community dedicated to sewing for the curvy and plus sized, and we hope to educate, inspire and encourage more women to sew their own clothes. It’s totally addictive, and can even be life changing.
The key features of our site are:
- Regular blog posts, both from CSC editors (you can read about us here) and guest editors. If you’d like to write for us, we’d love to have you! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas. We’re also always on the lookout for diversity of every type, so if you think you have something new to offer please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- We write and collate tutorials, on everything from Full Bust Adjustment, arm adjustments, grading up patterns to waist adjustments. You can find all our tutorials here.
- One of the main topics we cover is pattern reviews, which you’ll always read about from a curvy perspective! Our directory of reviews is searchable here.
- Looking for a pattern company that has plus sizes? We have a list here, together with their size ranges (if you have any new ones to add, just email us!).
- If you want to follow more curvy and plus size sewing bloggers, check out our blog roll (again, email us if you want your blog to be added).
- Are you just learning to sew? We have a series of Beginner’s Guides here.
- If you have questions or want to chat with other curvy sewists, you can join in our forums.
- We do monthly roundups of amazing garments that our community have made, which you can check out here. If you’d like to be included, upload your photos to our Flickr group!
There’s also tons more on the CSC, but I will leave you to have a look around. We are always open to new ideas and suggestions, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have an opinion.
Finally, I wanted to leave you with some of our most popular posts to take a look through. As you can see, we have a great diversity of topics covered!
- How we talk about size on the CSC
- How to do a classic Full Bust Adjustment
- Pattern Review: Lady Skater Dress
- How to Grade Up Patterns the Easy Way
- Make a Circle Skirt: Inspiration & Resources
- How to make your sleeves fit
- Tried and True Patterns: Pattern Review of Simplicity 2444 and Butterick 5982
We hope you enjoy reading the CSC and we hope to hear from you!