Hello lovely ladies of the CSC community! I’m thrilled to kick-off shirt-making month, where, for the month of November, we’ll be diving into everything you need to know about shirt-making for a curvy body.
I don’t know about you, but before I learned to sew, I just thought that shirts were something that would never suit or fit me. They’d either gape at the button band, or fall from my bust and tent me into a veritable muumuu (which is an excellent look, just not the one I was going for). Even when I started to sew I found it frustrating, because at the time, many patterns were still only available in straight sizes and for a relatively small bust. But so much has changed since then!
This month, you can look forward to:
- A comprehensive pattern round-up, plus additional reviews of shirts from Pattern for Pirates, Simplicity, Decades of Style and more
- Another ever-popular “Pattern Throwdown” from Jennifer where she sews up and compares several popular patterns
- A brand new “Same Pattern, Different Bodies” post
- Pattern adjustments and hacks
- Resources for awesome fabrics, notions, classes and more
- And more!
In addition, we’re encouraging you to all sew along with us! Sew a shirt during November (deadline: Dec 10th), and hashtag it with #CSCShirtMakingParty on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), submit it to our Flickr group, or email it to us (firstname.lastname@example.org). We’ll do a fun round-up in December – and three lucky participants will win great prizes!