Have you heard of StyleArc patterns? StyleArc is an Australian independent pattern company with a huge number of very modern and fresh RTW style patterns, and, best of all, they go up to an Australian size 30. For their great size range across all their interesting styles, StyleArc is officially in the CSC Hall of Fame!
Here are the pros:
– Very wide size range
– Great styles, including catwalk and street-style inspired styles, and really interesting options for outerwear
– A huge number of patterns – and all of them up to the size 30!
Here are the cons:
– They only send you one size rather than a multi sized pattern – this means you can’t grade between sizes easily, although something like an FBA would still be fairly easy
– They are on the pricier side for patterns, at up to USD $20 for coat patterns, plus postage
– The instructions aren’t that clear, so if you’re a beginner, you’d be best to stick at first to garments you already know how to construct like tops. For intermediate sewists, you should be fine. You can also check out the great blog of Anne the Clothing Engineer who has sewn up dozens of StyleArc patterns and often has tips!
Here are some great patterns that are on the site right now:
I recently made my first StyleArc pattern, the Rosie Top for my friend Andrea (who has the same measurements as me!), and I must say I love it! You can read more details here.
Here’s the full size chart in all its glory! (Also available in cm on the StyleArc site)